Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The world did not recognize Him

(steve said I should go back and post a few from the first few paragraphs of John, so we are back-tracking a little bit, but will catch up fast and then it will slow down again. Check out the helps I added above so you can engage with me more in this process)

John 1:1-13
In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and He was God. He was in the beginning with God. He created everything there is. Nothing exists that He didn't make. Life itself was in Him, and this life gives light to everyone. The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it...although the world was made through Him, the world didn't recognize Him when He came. Even in His own land and among His own people, He was not accepted. But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God---this rebirth comes from God.

Pause here and go through Listening Prayer or at least take a few moments to listen to what you just read.

Living Bread: my invitation
"The world did not recognize Him when He came."
Lord Jesus, You came and You weren't recognized or accepted. I'm a bit confused by this, or perplexed I guess. I'm wondering how they would have known, but now that I think about it--You gave them plenty of sign posts, and even the voice of John the Baptist---but they weren't listening or looking for You and when You, the light, came, they rejected that Light. They had the promises but they chose to turn their hearts away from the Light. You're inviting me to pay attention; look for You; wait for You; see the light You give me and step into it, or stay in You and live as Your daughter.
I, too, can and do choose to not accept You at times. I look for other ways, other paths, but they always lead to darkness. Help me Spirit to listen and pay attention---to watch for and walk in the Light...Your Light. Give me faith to really believe it and live it and not turn away out of fear or pride. Thank You for Your patience. Thank you for giving me life in You. Thank You for making me Your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...