Friday, July 13, 2012

Overlfow

This post is dedicated to the WOTH furlough retreat attendees, volunteers and our prayer team. I plan to post every Friday for the next month in honor of you and for our mutual encouragement. Please feel free to comment and connect! Remember this???

"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey My commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey My Father's commandments and remain in His love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with My joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!" John 15:9-11

We spent a lot of time pondering what is means to abide, remain, live, dwell in Jesus; all that we are (cup) connected to the Vine (pitcher), allowing God to produce His fruit in our lives so that we will overflow Him to those on our saucer (loving others) and to share His love (testify) to the people on our plates in all parts of the world. It was truly a delight for me to process this miraculous invitation with you.

However, it didn't take long for the rubber to meet the road! Our road trip home was a test of my abiding for sure. How about you? Did REAL life slap you in the face as it did me? Phone calls, text messages, lousy sleep, relational stress and hot weather all invaded my space quickly. That's life. That's reality.

So, how do we stay in the flow of the Spirit? How do we keep our cup in position to receive ALL that He longs to pour in? How do we abide in those tiny moments that try to poison our cup and disconnect our branch from the beauty of His flow? We have to learn to LISTEN or PAY ATTENTION to His faithful Voice IN us. To wait on the Lord. Serve/submit to Him with our attitudes, words, actions, thoughts. It just takes a little moment...but the outcomes are HUGE. His path will always lead to peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...