Friday, July 20, 2012

Today

Two weeks ago, I was in Denver with some of you. We were just miles away from the tragedy that took place in Aurora. Unfathomable. Our hearts are sickened by this pain and the devastation of what's transpired. Lives will never be the same. How do we respond? What do we do? How do we live in Jesus in this?

I have no big answers, or theological explanations...I am just reminding myself and you to open our daily invitations: COME TO ME; COME FOLLOW ME. And wait (expect). He is with you, He is with me, He is with them. We live in the questions WITH Him.


"...be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue.  Do not seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them.  And the point is, to live everything.  Live the questions now."  (Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet).


Peace is not circumstances devoid of pain; peace is a gift. I can't explain it, but we can experience it as we come to Him and let Him teach us and give us rest (peace). Matthew 11:28.

Waiting with you,
g


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...