Friday, July 27, 2012

Read, Reflect, Receive, Rest...




Linger with this version of Matthew 11:28-30 from the Amplified Bible. The Amplified Bible adds words as defined in the original text. It can get wordy, but when you are just wanting your daily manna, it is a great way to listen. Enjoy...

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and over burdened and I will cause you to rest---I will ease and relive and refresh your souls.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest---relief, ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet---for your souls.
For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good)---not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant; and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

What stands out to you? I will cause you to rest jumped off the page at me. For those of you who have heard me teach on receiving our daily bread, you will remember that I encourage you to be present to the Lord inside the 24 hour window you are living and receive from Him what He has for you today. For me today, the heaviness is coming from my mom's struggle with cancer. She is having a really hard time and none of us can change that. It feels sharp, pressing and very uncomfortable; even harsh. I also cannot give myself rest in my soul. Only Jesus can do that.

So, what, realistically, is Jesus inviting me/us to? To come, and let Him give us what He promises. To come open and empty handed. To honestly pour out our hearts and let Him fill them with Himself. In that home I will experience grace, pleasantness, lightness and ease...true rest. And that state of BEing will go with me into the next 24 hours; and it is a home I enter any and every moment I set my mind on Him and not on things here. It is a mystery, I can't explain it and I can't create it any more than I can create a beautiful sky like the one pictured above, but I can experience it as Jesus promises.

Will you Come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...