Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Drinking, we do not thirst


A well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14
"And the Lord Jesus gives me a well, a spring of living water deep down in my own heart-- His presence there at all times. What do we do with our wells? We go to them and draw. Drinking, we do not thirst. So, having Jesus, drinking of the spring He gives, we need never thirst again."
Hudson Taylor

A friend of mine has been sending me quotes by Hudson Taylor every day this month. All of the wisdom he expresses is born of the theme of abiding. These have been life-giving to me as I reflect on the gift of being connected to the Vine. I love this, "drinking, we do not thirst." It's impossible to thirst while you are drinking! And, we can drink all day long. The Vine even draws the water for us. The Water is His very Spirit. Each morning, as I awake thirsty again...thirsty for purpose, for happiness, for hope, for belonging, for wisdom, for peace, for hope, for strength, etc...all I need to do is show up in my heart to His Presence and He serves me a drink of Him and His living water fills every crevice. 

Again, I can't explain it, but I can experience it, not it, but Him, and so can you. I encourage you today, to simply Come and let Him be Himself and may you receive all that He is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...