Monday, August 27, 2012

Treading in His steps

Who then is a faithful and wise servant? Matt 24:45

Oh, to desire His will to be done with my whole heart, to seek His glory with a single eye, to realize more of the fulness of our precious Jesus, to live more in the light of His countenance, to be satisfied with what He bestows, to be grateful for the favours He confers, to be ever looking to Him, treading in His steps, and waiting His speedy return. (Hudson Taylor)

As I'm waiting (expecting, paying attention) on the Lord for direction with each step as His servant, it has been so encouraging to know that the desire itself is a gift. The desire to go where He leads, do what He wants, live how He guides etc. When I desire His will with my whole heart, I experience more of His fulness, live more in His light and am satisfied in this moment. When I seek Him and listen for His voice, rather than reacting to my shallow desires, His hand is open and ready to satisfy every hunger and thirst.

Psalm 145 When You open Your hand, You satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.





Lord, may I desire Your will whole-heartedly! May I seek you with a single eye and realize your fulness and satisfaction, in the light of Your countenance today. This in itself is a miracle. That I, dust, can share in Your glory simply by looking to You; Grateful for everything, looking to You, treading in Your steps (WOW!) and waiting for You to take me home. The steps of the beautiful feet that brought good news to the world and into my heart. Thank You Jesus. May You transform me into a faithful and wise servant every moment You give me breath. Because of Your love, I pray in Your name, Amen.
Are you feeling thirsty? Confused? I encourage you to just show up attentive to His open hand and as you silently join Him, let Him pour His living water into Your soul. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...