Thursday, September 6, 2012

My True Love Language

Kiki listening to Ollie
               "I love the Lord because He hears my voice and 
my prayer for mercy.
Because He bends down to listen."
Psalm 16:1-2

You've probably heard of the Love Languages book. You may have even identified yours. As I sat in silence this morning with this phrase on my heart, I realized for certain that the way in which I feel most loved is when I feel truly heard. And, to think that the Father bends down to hear my voice and to listen to my prayer is the sweetest gift.

He hears me when I have no words. He hears what I'm not saying. He hears the hollows of my heart and the mysteries of my mind. He hears. He knows. He listens. The psalm goes on to talk about His kindness, goodness and more and more mercy. 

Stop now. Take 5-10 minutes in silence and just pay attention to His pursuit of you and His tender listening to all you are.

Psalm 16:9 concludes, "so I will walk in Your Presence."...never out of His sight, never too far for Him to hear. He is bending down to listen. Amen, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...