Thursday, November 1, 2012

Prayer Direction

My friend and mentor, Alan Fadling, recently blogged about how we pray. His blog often gives me much needed direction in my effort to daily abide in Christ. The blog was entitled: Soul Prayers and Situational Prayers

As I've pondered his reflection question for a several days now (I am a slow processor!), I've realized that most often my prayers, especially for me and my closest family members, are situational rather than soulful. So, as an exercise to help me draw near to God with the souls of those I love, I wrote out Paul's prayer from Ephesians 3 to be prayed for those I love. Lingering in this prayer is overwhelming when you realize the magnitude of Paul's requests. I encourage you to take some time and slowly walk through this prayer, interceding for those you love, and approaching the throne of grace for yourself as well.

Can this be our reality??? Wow...look at this list carefully. THIS is God's desire for you/me/us!!!
Ephesians 3:14-21

Abba, I pray from Your glorious unlimited resources that You will empower us with inner strength through Your Spirit.
 
Then Christ will make His home in our hearts as we trust in Him. 

Our roots will grow down into Your love and keep us strong. 

And, may we have the power to understand how wide, how long, how high, and how deep Your love is. 

May we experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. 

Then we will be complete with all the fulness of life and power that comes from God.

Now all glory to You God, You who are able through Your mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to You.

Infinitely more...did you catch that? more than I can even think of to ask. That takes a lot of 'prayer pressure' off! What a Father.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...