Friday, March 18, 2011

We are of the earth, and we speak of earthly things

Living Bread: John 3:31-35
He has come from above and is greater than anyone else. We are of the earth, and we speak of earthly things, but he has come from heaven and is greater than anyone else. He testifies about what he has seen and heard, but how few beleive what he tells them! Anyone who accepts his testimony can affirm that God is true. For he is sent by God. He speaks God's words, for God gives him the Spirit without limit. The Father loves his Son and has put everything into his hands. And anyone who believes in God's Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn't obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God's angry judgment."

Pause here and go through Listening Prayer or at least take a few moments to listen to what you just read.

My Invitation:
"Anyone who accepts His testimony can affirm God is true." Lord Jesus, John the Baptist accepted WHO You were and where You came from and realized how powerless and finite we are. He plainly taught that the bottom line is, we are limited to what we can see with our human eyes---but You are God---You came here, bringing love to us and in accepting You and obeying Your words we experience eternal life through faith that You are God's Son. My faith is proven as I do what You taught...all born out of Your love, which You give so freely, to the whole world.

Lord, You are inviting me today to accept You as the One grater than anyone else---or anything else. Greater than the devastation of earthquakes and tsunamis; greater than evil rulers; greater than the heartbreak of suicide; greater than the damage done by drug and alcohol abuse; greater than scars of abandonment and abuse; greater than any physical disease that destroys bodies; greater than special needs; greater than heartbreak; greater than loss; greater than the earthly things that consume me and bring despair.

You testify of what You've seen and heard---and You tell only the truth. As I accept Your testimony (John 3:16-17) I affirm God is true. You have not made it difficult for us to be saved from this evil world, You have done all the work. JB pointed people to You and what You said. He pointed them to You and Your power. To You and Your love...to Your testimony that You are God's Son. He proclaimed that eternal life is experienced in accepting You.
Jesus, You are inviting me to be at rest in You with what I can't understand or explain. You are GREATER!---and, by faith, I accept You. As I'm given opportunity, give me the courage and resolve to point people to You.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, glad I have found you again. I look forward to reading and contributing to this blog. I have yet to learn to just BE QUIET, something I long to do yet don't do....Why Why Why....This world is just so noisy, Lord please quiet your daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to be quiet Kris. At Teen Challenge we call it turning off the radio in our heads. The Holy Spirit has to help us! Glad you found me again. I look forward to journey-ing with you friend.

    ReplyDelete

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...