Monday, March 14, 2011

What is innocence? Psalm 37

note: I am processing what it means to trust that the Lord really is directing my steps so this entry was a short diversion from John. Hope it is an encouragement to you. Bread.

Living Bread: Psalm 37
(3)Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust in Him and He will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
(23) The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Pause here and go through Listening Prayer or at least take a few moments to listen to what you just read.

Invitation: Truths I need to transform my mind...
1. The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord-v. 23
2. He delights in every detail of my life-v. 23
3. He makes me innocent and makes my innocence shine-v. 6
4. Commit everything to Him-v. 5
5. Trust in Him-v. 5
6. Do good-v. 3
7. Be still in the presence of the Lord- v. 7 (that's every moment!)
8. Stop being angry-v. 8
9. Turn from evil and do good-v. 27
10. Take delight in the Lord-v. 3
11. Put my hope in the Lord-v. 34
12. Travel steadily along His path-v. 34
13. Don't worry or fret-v. 7
14. Be generous-v. 21
15. Offer good counsel, teach right from wrong-v. 30
16. He (God!) will honor me.-v. 34

Lord, you are inviting me to meditate on your truth and walk in the reality of what You've designed me to be. Thank You for Your blood that makes me innocent, help me to delight in You by walking in this truth.


1 comment:

  1. Grace,

    Thank you for your encouragement through your blog writing! I truly do appreciate your honesty and your desire to help each of us grow closer to our Lord.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...