Saturday, July 16, 2011

Does He really care?


I was actually excited to see that my reading guide was taking me to Psalm 37 today. The Lord knew what I needed to hear (He's sweet that way!). Do you ever wonder if He really cares about every detail of your life? I used to be such a cynic when people would pray over the littlest things (like parking places...ok, I still struggle with that one) But, the Lord has shown me many times recently that He does care about the little things and the big things that want to quench joy in my daily life.
What does it mean to live a hidden life in Christ? All those common, yet unexperienced, phrases are dancing around a lot in my thoughts now, and hopefully they are finding sure footing in my experience. The phrase: "beyond my comprehension but not my experience" has become a thread of prayer in my abiding life in Christ. I cannot comprehend how He orchestrates all of our lives at once. I cannot comprehend how or why He hears my every thought and knows how many hairs are on my gray head. Such intimacy!

May these expressions of trust penned by David encourage you today, as they do me. However, I want more than encouragement. I want these words to be my life experience today:
I jump around a bit as my attention was drawn to different verses:

Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait for Him to act.
Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires.
Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily on His path. He will honor You by giving you the land.
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

Abba, I get so focused on and worried about details and how to lay out the path---but You are the producer---not me. Help me to be still in Your Presence all day long and to walk steadily on Your path. This way of following/dwelling/abiding///fills me with peace.
You're inviting me to wait and watch---to be obedient and faithful to Your lead in even the smallest turns (phone calls, emails, thoughts, plans, words, spending etc...)
and to delight-take joy-in my knowledge of You. To walk by faith centered in the truth that You do care about every detail of my life; 'beyond my comprehension, but not my experience.' Lord, I want to live there with You.

1 comment:

  1. Trying not to worry about the details and leave them all to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Forty and Flying Free!

Celebrating life being different for our daughters at 40 than it was for many of us. My oldest daughter turned 40 this week. At one point in...